Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving <3

Last night we had Thanksgiving service, and the basic message was to be grateful. This was a message that pastor has already preached, but I'm grateful I got to hear it again, because it was something I needed to hear.
I'm sure if I go back to old sermons, I would get an entirely different message from it today then I did a year ago, and even two weeks ago. It's pretty intense.

Even though I know that I should be thankful all the time, in the spirit of the holiday I am going to write out what I am thankful for.

First of all, I am thankful to know that Jesus is my savior, and because of him I have salvation. Coming from someone who used to be so afraid of death, the change in me ever since I have accepted Jesus into my life has been amazing. I now know what happens when I pass, and I can honestly say that the day my Father calls me home will be one worth rejoicing in. Until then, I will live the fullest life I can possibly live, and hopefully one that makes Him proud.

I'm thankful for my family. They are truly pains in the butt sometimes, but I could never go a day without loving them. We work so hard on mending our relationships, and I am so thankful for the progress we have made.

My friends- whether you are someone that I know face to face, or you are a voice that I just listen to on the phone, and words i read on a computer screen, I love you <3
I have a lot of BEST friends, and it may seem weird, but there is a complete distinction between someone i talk to on a regular basis, and someone I can turn to in a time of need, and if you are one of those people, thank you so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate it when someone just listens.

Here goes my long list of my BEST friends
Randi- My favorite pain in the ass :] We annoy the shit out of each other, but I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you. You've been there for me more times then I can count, and nothing could ever repay you for that. Love you bestie <3
My Twinner :] I cannot wait to come to Pittsburgh. You have no idea how stoked I am :D. Sometimes we can talk on the phone for forever, and other times we could go forever without talking, but in the end you'll always be my twin and the best best friend I've never met!
Bre&Tay -The other two sides to the most amazing acute triangle you will ever meet. We are weird, and crazy, well as crazy as three girls from church can get, but crazy none the less. Bre I enjoy taking you out at midnight and keeping you awake later then you've ever stayed up before. And Tay, I can't believe we've gotten so close so fast. It means a lot to have two amazing friends at church that I can go to!
Jessy, my love! You are the first person to text me when I'm upset, and most of the time the only one who can make me smile. you are effing amazing, doll face, and half the time you don't even know it. I can't wait until you are my lawyer, and you help me out of all of the shit I'm going to get into when I finally move into LA. And let us not forget your JAR JAR babies. I will win an award for best centerpiece ever, just wait and see! Next summer is going to be epic, and as soon as SHEVOLI has working tires and I'm allowed to drive farther then down the street, you will probably get sick of me, but we'll have a blast! hahaa
Nikki! I don't get to see you nearly as often as I would like, but thats life. We still manage to have a blast when we are together. Love you!

This is going to sound corny, but I'm thankful for Corbin Bleu. Because without him, I wouldn't have met the majority of the best people I have ever met. All of my CBF friends are absolutely fantastic, and I wouldn't trade you for the world.
My Jonas friends, you all have no idea how much you make me laugh. The majority of our conversation happens through livechats, and twitter, but you are all amazing none the less.

I'm thankful for every single person that has come into my life, whether it be in person or online. God put you in my life for some reason, and I'm thankful that He has been so gracious in giving me some amazing friends.

I'm thankful for the amazing music that I have to listen to. I don't have the most diverse taste in music, but what can I say. I love my inner 12 year old.
I'm thankful that I was able to buy my car this year. It has been a blessing in so many different ways. I'm thankful that I'm able to get a college education. Not everyone is able to, and I'm happy I can use my resources as a mean to fund my future.
I'm sure I missed a million things, but if you somehow read this blog, know that I am thankful for you. Because you care enough to read a little blurb about my life, so thank you for you <3

1 comment:

Jessicaa said...

awe, tasha! :D
i don't think i could get tired of you, and that's saying something, because you know how sick i get of things/people. haha.
YOU are amazing, and i'm thankful that through cbf i found such an amazing friend. you are a beautiful person inside and out.
i cannot express how much it means to me when you give me little pep talks, listen to my problems, and help me out. i can honestly say you're a true best friend, and that's hard to come by for me because...well, you know. i guess what im trying to say is thank you.
i can't wait for our tons of los angeles adventures to come. love you! and happy thanksgiving boo.